After his impressive victory during PandaTV Faith Cup, I really wanted an interview with WFZ. First Undead to win a major event since... (since when? i cannot remember any), he clearly deserves some attention. He comments on his performance and gives his views on the scene, not without humor!
- Hi WFZ, and congratulations!
- Let's start with PandaTV Victory : can you tell us how you feel being the first Undead in ages to win a major title?
I spent a lot of time preparing for this game and I am very happy with the result.
(Note, before the game he said he would "fight to death" for the title)
- Is Orc going to be your best matchup now?
No, Orc is still a strong race to beat. But luck was on my side this time.
This DK will actually survive, using Death Pact and Frost Armor
- Luck? I think you are humble You have beaten Xiaokk twice and Focus in a BO5!
Actually I have a negative record against Focus this year. But this time I gave him my "ring of protection curse" to win.
(WFZ is nicknamed the "Lord of the Rings" because he would always be getting bad items such as rings of protection while creeping. They push the joke up to say that it would damage his economy to get good items, because he would not be able to sell them!).
- You just won PandaTV Faith Cup, 120 is in Final of Ting Warcraft Invitational : who is the best Undead player at the moment?
China top 5 is the best!
(A reference to the 5 members of the WCA China team that lost against Korea in August)
- Let's talk about some of the Top 5 then. You will probably face Infi and Th000 in Shanghai. I feel like the Human matchups are the toughest for Undeads. Are you confident you can beat them?
This is the hardest matchup for Undead. If they do not make mistake, they will prevail.
- We know that you are a very good friend of Yumiko : is he going to beat Th000 and qualify for WCA?
It's hard to say : Th000 can train with Infi which is definitely an advantage. Th000 is the favorite.
- You play a lot of 2v2 Competitions together with Yumiko. Can you tell us in which one you will compete and what are your objectives until the end of the year?
We did not practice much recently. We had to play PandaTV Faith Cup and Yumiko needs to prepare for WCA S3 Final (November 6th). We will resume our training after November 13th and play GCS in Shanghai in December. We do not have a specific goal, always trying to win.
WFZ in Shanghai during GCS Spring
- Can you say a word about Orcw0rker? I heard you played some intense games on the ladder.
He made such rapid progresses! However each time he loses to me on the ladder, he claims that my race is imbalanced...
(To which he would answer, you are right Mr Europe #1 Orc!)
- How do you feel about WCA giving two slots to American players?
Do not mention it, we all know...
- To conclude : is there anything you want to say to your fans? or is there any question you wished I asked?
Thank you all for your love! I hope you will continue to support players and events in Warcraft 3.
- Thank you WFZ!