Format: 1on1 Tournament
Live Countdown

days
hours
minutes
seconds

Community

Development update - May 2017 Discussion Thread

Here you can start a topic that ranges over the whole w3arena universe. Suggestions are appreciated as well.

Development update - May 2017 Discussion Thread

Postby anXieTy » Tue May 09, 2017 16:45 pm

Feel free to discuss the development update news here. Please try to be as factual as possible.

If possible, me or other staff members will try to answer your questions.
anXieTy

Re: Development update - May 2017 Discussion Thread

Postby MisterWinner » Tue May 09, 2017 16:59 pm

Hello,Is it possible to go to 1.28, but at the same time keep the mode w3arena 16:9(I like it)?
MisterWinner

Postby SweeT » Tue May 09, 2017 17:48 pm

Thanks anxiety for opening this thread and the news post.. it was needed

AS far as changes go, I'd just be happy with a ladder reset and mappool change to START with.
So I'll list my suggested 2v2 mappool here for now:

2v2 -

Twisted Meadows
Turtle Rock
Phantom Grove - (Increased spawn time on merc camps in middle. Prevent early game ensnare abuse)
Centaur Grove - Move centaur green camp inwards to prevent rallies from aggroing, However don't move so far into to aggro the goldmine camp on the other side of trees
Avalanche W3A version - Swapped Shop item with level 3 charged instead of level 4 charged - Double book of the dead abuse + those items also drop from the furbolg goldmine camp next to it... potential to get 4 book of deads.
Basalt Basin - Added more claw drops to camps, and increased difficulty of some camps, reduced difficulty of red camp with Wizard. So many green camps for such a small map with unnatractive drops.
Goldshire
Lost Temple Paradise (Tavern is more accessible and removed unattractive dark terrain)
Synergy
Sanctuary of Sargeras or Bridge Too Near https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/sa ... as.154669/
Tidewater Glades Take off aggro on the goldmines as they constantly kill scout wisps/workers when they are sent at the start to scout on their normal direct path.

(3 Veto)
Last edited by SweeT on Thu May 11, 2017 15:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SweeT

Postby anXieTy » Tue May 09, 2017 18:00 pm

MisterWinner wrote:Hello,Is it possible to go to 1.28, but at the same time keep the mode w3arena 16:9(I like it)?

We are not going to invest time into upgrading until a major balance patch is being released by Blizzard.
anXieTy

Postby BH.iMB » Tue May 09, 2017 18:07 pm

kick viiksi-vallu from the stuff, add me to the roc section
BH.iMB

Postby MisterWinner » Tue May 09, 2017 22:17 pm

anXieTy
We are not going to invest time into upgrading until a major balance patch is being released by Blizzard.
I do not think that in the near future blizzard will rule the balance. Yes, the balance is not perfect (humans race are weak), but you can still win if you have the game skills.
Blizzard promised us a HD several years ago, and where is he? I do not have faith in Blizzard, but I believe in you (thank you for making mode-16:9). Blizzard will continue to do HD for a long time, and the balance will be after 99%%. Your expectations of Blizzard will last for many years - its 100%.
Personally, I would not want the Blizzard to touch the balance at all, because all time Blizzard only trims the weak race of Humans.
In fact, new patches are of great benefit (much more than just a "balance", which can still be unfairly edited).
The fact is that 1.28(API d3d9) is perfectly optimized for new OS 7/8/10.
1.26a(API d3d8) is not optimized for the new OS 7/8/10 (fatal error, windage, lag, cursor floats, errors at the start of the majority). For stable operation on 1.26a it is necessary to run in the OpenGL mode (which visually looks very bad).
I typed the text with google translate, probably, not everything was translated.
MisterWinner

Postby MisterWinner » Tue May 09, 2017 22:35 pm

I watched a lot of streams (opengl is very easy to distinguish from d3d8 for a bad picture and unsmoothed numbers / text), I talked with many players on the "what mode do you play?" (Opengl vs d3d8 standard) "Most of the players and progamers play in the mode Opengl, simply because it is stable. D3d8 (standard mode) was created during Windows XP. New OS 7/8/10 Prefers d3d9 1.28 optimized warcraft, which was specially developed for them. The next step from Blizzard will be to create HD, and then edit the balance. You should know well how they work in Blizzard, their work is stretched for many years. You could improve our favorite w3arena server now, and not after 2-4 years when Blizzard reaches the balance adjustment. The optimization of new patches 1.27-1.28 for new OS 7/8/10 is very important, just many do not attach importance to this
MisterWinner

Postby ag3nt » Wed May 10, 2017 05:58 am

I support 1.26!

Why my cursor never floats? I play on D3D +win7. I feel absolutely no difference in 1.28 and 1.26. The only time my cursor floated was when I played on geforce mx200 videocard long itme ago, and I fixed that with some setting in riva tuner.
It's unbelieveable for me that this problem is impossible to fix with modern hardware
ag3nt

Postby PistolSquat » Wed May 10, 2017 06:40 am

I support 1.26 too. About balance patch, i fear that Blizzardwill fail... Maps play a major role : just adding/removing some maps might be enough to balance some match-ups.
PistolSquat

Postby sNowBreeZe » Wed May 10, 2017 10:54 am

power hungry nolife nerds realizing they might vanish once the bnet patches come out so they start taking actions and making improvements on w3a to retain as many users as they can LOL

you had your time, you stuck to your positions while you were completely inactive without looking for new staff members, besides helping host some GERA CUP's games now and then to feel important you didn't accomplish much

+ inb4 blizzard closes this illegal server
sNowBreeZe

Next

Return to General Discussion and Suggestions